Nexus 7 is a great device and it is one of the favorites for its Pure Jellybean 4.1 experience. Developers are now developing new custom Rom firmwares as time goes by and now I will guide you on how to install the latest Liquid Jelly Bean alpha 6 firmware. This firmware is based on the latest 4.1 Jellybean firmware. This is not yet the final release.
Disclamer : This site will not be responsible for anything damages or data loss to your device. This site is only for information purposes only.We have instructions below follow step by step proccess to have a successful installation without causing problems. Proceed at your own risk.
Below I will teach you on How to Update Google Nexus 7 with Liquid Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Custom ROM Firmware
But first here are some of the features of Liquid Jelly Bean - Alpha 6
- Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
- Native Overclocking Performance Utility
- Lock Screen with Weather and Calender
- Super SU installed by default
- Backup/Restore configurations so you can re flash and retain your personal UI/ROM customizations
- Includes 5 Lock screen targets and more
1. Back up your device, this is important because when you are going to do the installation whenever your data will be deleted or erase it can be restore. Back up SMS, Contacts, Call Log
2. The battery left in the device should be 40% and above
3. Enable the USB Debugging Option. Do this by Setting> Development > Option
4. Also Disable all securty suites if you have installed any in your device so that there will be no interuption occur when the process is going on.
Step by step procedure on how to update Google Nexus 7 Tablet with Liquid Jelly Bean alpha 6 firmware.
1. Root the device and unlock the boot loader. ( note : without rooting and unlocking boot loader you can't apply the update)
2. Now download the alpha 6 firmware package here.
3. After downloading you need to connect Nexus 7 to the computer using USB cable
4. Turn On your Nexus 7 into recovery mode by opening the ROM Manager app in your device and enter the phone in the recovery mode.
5. Open ROM manager app in your device and select the option " Reboot into clock work mod recovery " after flashing the Clock Work Mod recovery image in your device.
6. In recovery mode, select "install zip from sd card" then choose zip from sd card and then choose the alpha 6 firmware package which you put in your device.
7. Pls wait and be patient it will take around 4-5 minutes to apply the update. Don't interrupt the process of the firmware update because it will lead to brick the device.
8. If your Nexus 7 tablet gets in the boot loop sequence you need to turn off the device and reapply the update again from the start.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more great content just like it.